HRM 0102: Human Resource Management Certificate Program- Online
Earn the New Standard in HR Certification.
Prepare with George Mason’s Human Resource Management Certificate Program.
OCPE recognized as one of Top 20 SHRM Programs in the country
Course Description and Materials
Who Should Attend
Certificate Completion Requirements
Related HR Courses
Establish yourself as a globally-recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™). Prepared with Mason’s Human Resource Management Certificate, designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success.
This intensive program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP. You will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the certification exam.
COURSE DESCRIPTION AND MATERIALS
As part of your course, you will receive the 2015 SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP. This new and comprehensive program is filled with unique features, including innovative SmartStudy™ tools, comprehensive learning modules, and interactive online multi-media resources to help streamline your study time, expand your competencies and knowledge, and build confidence for passing the certification exam.
Comprehensive learning modules
The SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP includes five modules covering a comprehensive body of competency and knowledge. You’ll learn everything you need for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
Please click here for in-class dates.
March 9-May 29, 2015 Time: Asynchronous
Location: Online Status: Open
|Each seminar is recommended for:
36 Contact Hours
|Herndon Training Center at CIT
Online contact form
||George Mason University
Office of Continuing Professional Education
||2214 Rock Hill Road, Suite 400
||Herndon, VA 20170-4213
Online multi-media resources
Whatever your learning style, you’ll find ways to test your knowledge and build confidence with online study tools. Check out the Online Learning Center for a wealth of supplemental study materials:
- Assessment – Identify topics you already know and those areas that require more time and attention.
- Tests – Test your situational judgment, knowledge and comprehension with more than 1,000 questions.
- Post-test – Gain experience with the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam format by completing the post-test that mimics the certification exam in style, function, timing, and weighted topics.
- Online Resource Center – Access flashcards (printable or online), HR updates, related links, feedback feature, and more.
Best of all, you can access the SHRM Learning System via your PC, laptop, mobile device, or e-reader – making it easy to study wherever and whenever you have time.
Be prepared to pass
When you complete this course, you’ll be prepared to pass the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam and to meet the challenges demanded of today’s global employers.
Using Blackboard, a web-based set of course tools designed to deliver online learning, you can be part of a virtual class that will provide a thorough review of the learning system. You will follow a weekly schedule and interact with your instructor and peers in a virtual environment. The course content is the same as the classroom-based program. This online format offers flexible scheduling and the benefit of attending class on your own computer.
Our course is based on the NEW 2015 SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP. Comprised of comprehensive learning modules teaching the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™), and advanced online multimedia resources, these study materials streamline study time, accelerate learning, and build confidence for passing the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam.
By attending our course, you’ll benefit from:
- An experienced, certified instructor
- The SHRM Learning System, historically ranked the #1 HR certification prep tool
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers
- Tuition reimbursement and up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs)
This course is offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the world’s largest HR membership organization devoted to human resource management. The course fee includes all course materials, but does not cover registration for the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP examinations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
If you are new to HR, click here for our Essentials of Human Resource Management course.
Back to top
SHRM CP AND SHRM SCP CERTIFICATION DETAILS
This is an exciting and pivotal time in the HR profession. Now, more than ever, HR teams are required to assume a greater leadership role, contributing to the strategic direction of their organizations. The profession is no longer just about what you know – but how you do your job.
Computer-based testing (CBT)
130-150 questions (knowledge-based and situational-judgment test items)
Approximately three hours in length
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™) are poised to become the new standard for all HR professionals around the globe, as it is among the first HR certifications that is focused on teaching and testing the practical, real-life information HR professionals need to excel in their careers today, including behavioral competencies, knowledge, and skills.
The certification exam fee and registration information is separate and offered through SHRM. Visit shrmcertification.org for more information regarding the certification.
SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Exam Format and Length
Test Windows and Registration Dates
Spring Window: May 1-July 15
Applications Accepted for Spring Window: January 5
Application Deadline: March 13
Late Application Deadline: April 17
Winter Window: December 1, 2015-February 15, 2016
Applications Accepted for Winter Window: May 1
Application Deadline: October 16
Late Application Deadline: November 13
All credentials are valid for three years. Recertification is required every three years through demonstrated professional development (preferred method) or retaking the exam.
Back to top
CERTIFICATE COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS
Online Course Requirements: To receive a Certificate of Completion from George Mason University and SHRM, participants must be active participants in the online classroom including the following:
- Log-in to Blackboard at least once a week.
- Read and respond to discussion questions posted in the week's lecture and to reply to your classmates' comments.
- Post at least 66 responses in the discussion area by the end of the course. These should preferably be done on a weekly basis.
- Response to the initial posts in the discussion area with substantive: no less than 50 words per reply for each response.
- Complete all assigned readings on the Blackboard site.
- Complete the assessment exam prior to the start of class.
- Complete module and post tests for each module and the final exam on www.learnhrm.com by the deadline specified by your instructor.
Back to top
Please click here for a list of our human resource instructors.
Back to top
RELATED HUMAN RESOURCES COURSES
Back to top